Monday, July 02, 2012

OH JAMES !


London is the place to be this year. I didn´t know. But on our way to Montreal, I read about James Bond 50th anniversary in the dutch magazine Holland Herald.

Did you know? - that it actually is 50 years ago the first James Bond movie were launched in 1962. Of course it has to be honoured with the Exhibition: Fifty years of Bond Style at the Barbican Centre.
Expect everything from costumes and weapons to sets and props designed for the legendary cinema Icon. The exhibition runs until 5 September.

I am going there, since I am a Bond fan and especially find the costumes of the 60s and 70s very inspiring.

"The first James Bond film, Dr. No, had an impact on ladies' fashion, with the bikini worn by Ursula Andress proving to be a huge hit: "not only sent sales of two-piece swimwear skyrocketing, it also made Andress an international ce- lebrity".
Andress herself admitted that the "bikini made me into a success. As a result of starring in Dr. No as the first Bond girl I was given the freedom to take my pick of future roles and to become financially independent".

It has been claimed that the use of the swim-wear in Dr. No led to "the big- gest impact on the history of the bikini". From Wikipedia

1962
1963
1964

2 comments:

girls bedroom ideas said...

Hi
Great article once again! Thumbs up! I believe people should acquire a lot from this website its really user pleasant.

John Frantsen said...

Hi,
Thanks for your comment ;o) That´s nice to know.
John