Monday, May 14, 2012

-ON CELEBRITY DESIGNERS . . .


-Do we really need them ? Yet another performer has ambitions in fashion. Rihanna is trying to make the most of it. After a few Capsule collections for Armani, she wants to pursue her own Fashion line :

-"I want to design. This is also a road that I want to earn it. So I’m working with designers. Designers that I respect, and companies that I respect. I want people to really trust me before I just say 'Buy it because it's mine."      
From Style.mtv.com

Rihanna´s capsule collection from Armani

Excuse me! - but what is her qualifications for doing that ? Does she have a degree in fashion ? Because to be famous and perhaps a brand doesn´t qualify to do fashion collections, in my opinion.
I am thinking exploitation and lack of respect for all fashiondesigners that has a passion for fashion and have used years to qualify, to make their dreams come true.

Like a friend on facebook said:  -"whom does the real job is anonymous. The worst thing is we have to limit our creative potential to submit to personal taste of our employers with no technical knowledge.
Imagine how more interesting fashion would be if it was made only by ca- pable professionals". Ingrid Lima, Fashion Editor at IDsetters. - and I agree.

Maybe designers should consider to start new careers as actors or enter-tainers. . . instead of sticking to what they are good at.

Read more about Suzy Menkes from Herald Tribune thoughts on the subject  here and tell me what YOU think ?